Link to full article on Guardian site. Link to PDF file.)
- Summarize this article in one or two sentences.
- How is the article organized? (What elements of “story” do you see in this article?)
- What will you remember from this article after you have forgotten the details?
- What do you wish the writer had included or left out?
- Who is the intended audience?
- What is the role of journalism prizes such as the Pulitzer Prize?
to take on
to challenge assumptions
to hang out
dogged (dogged coverage)
to covet, coveted
to disclose, undisclosed
gut (in his gut)
to vindicate, to feel vindicated