Click here for original article with links to music. Download PDF version.)
- Summarize this article—how does it go beyond a simple obituary?
- How did the author organize his material? How does he develop his theme(s)?
- For what audience is he writing?
- What will you remember about this article after you have forgotten the details?
- What should the author have included or left out?
to lay out the stakes
to break through
to double as
radio play (noun)
to fill in the blanks
to dispense with
to relegate, be relegated
star was receding