Wednesday, March 13, 2013

S201-205 Homework: David has a question about pocket money

You have received a letter from your English-speaking pen friend David, who writes:
Source.
… I only get a little pocket money from my parents because they can’t afford to give me a lot. Do you get pocket money? Do you think parents should give their children pocket money? I don’t have a part-time job, but my best friend does. Is it common for teenagers in Russia to have a part-time job?

So, I have a new hobby—I’m learning to play a musical instrument....
Write a letter to David. (Write about 100-140 words; don’t forget the rules of letter-writing.)

In your letter,
  • answer his questions
  • ask 3 questions about his new hobby.
The assignment is due next week (March 20 or 22). Please write it on a page that I can take home with me.



Exercise adapted from Olga Afanasyeva, Virginia Evans, Victoria Kopylova, Practice Exam Papers for the Russian State Exam, 2010 Revised Edition, Moscow: Express Publishing/Prosveshchenie Publishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment